APA California - Making Great Communities Happen...
Prepare for the AICP exam in May or November with APA Los Angeles' annual AICP Study Session. Distinguished faculty and planning professionals will give targeted lectures on a variety of exam topics, including: history, theory, planning law, emerging trends, and planning ethics. An overview of the new exam format will also be provided. This event is intended for people who are already signed up to take the exam, and those considering it in the near future. Speakers will include:
- Carol Barrett, FAICP, Assistant Director of Planning and Transportation (retired), City of Burbank
- Kathy Kolnick, Ph.D., Adjunct Assistant Professor, Sol Price School of Public Policy, University of Southern California
- Diana Varat, Attorney, Richards, Watson & Gershon
- Melani Smith, AICP, Adjunct Faculty, Sol Price School of Public Policy, University of Southern California
- Marissa Aho, AICP, Region VI AICP Commissioner
There is ample bike parking on campus, as well as several transit options, including the Expo Line. Arrivals by car should use Gate 3 on Figueroa and park in structure PS-X. Parking is $10.
- WHEN: Saturday, April 8 from 10 AM - 3 PM
- WHERE: University of Southern California, 650 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- HOW MUCH: $20 for members, $40 for non-members, $10 for students (free for USC students) (lunch included)
- REGISTRATION/RSVP: Registration is required. Online Registration (click here to register)
UC Berkeley Tech Transfer is the California transportation community's source for professional training, expert assistance, and information resources. For the academic year 2016-2017, Tech Transfer is expanding our Multimodal Transportation training series.
California is on the forefront of making our transportation systems multi-modal, integrated, inter-connected, context-sensitive, safe, and sustainable. Our courses in Multimodal Transportation will help you transform your community to accommodate various travel modes beyond the motor vehicle and achieve the quality of life that you desire for future generations.
Learn more about UC Berkeley’s Tech Transfer, visit techtransfer.berkeley.edu/trainingMultimodal Flyer Feb 2017.pdf
The APA/AICP has updated the exam content and reading list for planning professionals sitting for the exam beginning in May 2017. This is the first comprehensive update of the AICP Certification Exam since 2007. Below is information you need to prepare for the exam.
- Blog: Everything You Need to Know About the AICP Certification Exam Update
- Updated Content Outline
- Revised Reading List
- Crosswalk from the old content outline to the updated version that will help you develop new preparation resources for your chapter with AICP Prep-3-Crosswalk
Below are links to free or low cost training sessions that have been approved for AICP CMs.
- 2016 Planners Academy in Santa Barbara
- Distance education sessions recorded at the 2014 and 2015 state conferences
2015 Diversity Summit (1.5 CM)
- Latino Urbanism (1.0 CM)
- Effectively Communicating with the Planning Commission (1.5 CM)
Does your employer provide in-house staff training sessions ? Are you interested in obtaining CM credits by attending on-the-job training? It's possible that your staff trainings are eligible for AICP CMs. Applying for CMs is quick and easy. Contact your Central Coast Section Professional Development Officer, Lilly Rudolph, at lrudolph (at) rinconconsultants.com to learn how.
Your Central Coast Section Professional Development Officer is available to help you prepare for the AICP exam! If you need advice on applying to take the exam, access to free study materials, or a just some words of encouragement, please do not hesitate to contact Lilly Rudolph.